Amie Adelman (born in 1971, in Texas): Lives and Works in Azle, Texas. She finds her inspiration in yards for dressing looms, and explores the two and three dimensional world through the use of lines in her works.
- Master of Fine Arts (Fibers), University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- Major Professors: Mary Ann Jordan and Cynthia Schira
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Fibers), Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- Major Professors: Janet Taylor and Clare Verstegen
Gullkistan Artist Residency, Laugarvatn, Iceland
Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Associate Professor/Fibers
- Coordinator College of Visual Arts and Design, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- Courses: Introduction to Fibers, Screen Printing, Advanced Fabric Design Studio, Surface Design I, Surface Design II, Surface Design III, Graduate Fabric Design Studio, Professional Internship, Topics in Studio, Special Problems, Creative Project, M.F.A. Exhibition http://art.unt.edu/
- Assistant Professor/Fibers Coordinator
- School of Visual Arts, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- Courses: Introduction to Fibers, Screen Printing, Experimental Screen Printing, Screen Printing with Resists, Fabric Design Studio, Independent Study, Graduate Fabric Design Studio, Weaving I, Weaving II, Weaving Studio, Graduate Weaving Studio, Alternative Processes, Professional Internship, Topics in Studio, Creative Project, Problems in Lieu of Thesis, M.F.A. Exhibition
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Fibers
- College of Design, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- Courses: Fiberforms, Fiber and Fabric, Resist and Dyed Fabric, Printed Fabrics, Fabric Studio, Visual Foundations I
- C3 Artistic Encounter with Amie Adelman. Fabric Dyeing Workshop. Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas, Texas
- Instructor. Art and Science. Community Based Rope Installation. Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas, Texas
- Workshop Leader. Painting/Screen Printing, Watercolor/Dye, Paper/Fabric. Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Workshop Leader.Thread Installation. Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas, Texas
Workshop Leader. Painting/Screen Print, Watercolor/Dye, Paper/Fabric. Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Workshop Leader. Photographic Resist on Silk: Combining Screen Printing and Painting Techniques. Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Workshop Leader. MX Dyes Immersion Dyeing and Direct Application on Cotton, Silk, and Wool. Dallas Handweavers and Spinners Guild, Inc., Dallas, Texas
Workshop Leader. Formal Aesthetics in Collage. Risør Kunstforening , Risør, Norway
Workshop Leader. Potato Dextrin. Art Camp for Textile Artists, Argyle, Texas
- Workshop Leader. Cold Wax Resist. College of the Ozarks, Lookout Point, Missouri
- Workshop Leader. Cold Wax Resist. Texas State Surface Design Association Meeting, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- Workshop Leader. Machine Embroidery. Ames Sew and Vac, Ames, Iowa
- Instructor. Weaving II (Table, Floor, Back-Strap, and Inkle Looms) Camp Hillcroft, Billings, New York
- Workshop Leader Basketry (twining) Partners and Mentors, Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Workshop Leader Basketry (twining) Pittman Center, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Workshop Leader Screen Printing on Fabric Artists-In-Schools, Sevier County, Tennessee
- Workshop Leader Basketry, Screen Printing, and Drawing Rural Outreach, Sevier County, Tennessee
- Workshop Leader Dyeing to Weave Arrowmont School of Arts and Craft, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Workshop Leader Woven Images Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Instructor Weaving II (Table, Floor, Back-Strap, and Inkle Looms) Camp Hillcroft, Billings, New York
- Workshop Leader Weaving, Surface Design (Shibori), Felting, Basketry, Kites Lawrence Arts Center, Lawrence, Kansas
- Brockette, Ann H. "Amie Adelman: The Defining Line," Fiber Art Now Fiber Art Now Vol. 4. Issue 2 (Winter 2014/2015): 42-47. Print.
- Jones, Jess. Flight Patterns: Voyage across Fiber Mediums, Fiber Art Now Vol. 4. Issue 2 (Winter 2014/2015): 10-11. Print.
Schonbak, Judith. Flight Patterns: An Exhibition on View to Millions of People, Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot Vol. XLV. Issue 179 (Summer 2014) XLV: 21-27. Print. Spotlight on Education, Surface Design Journal Vol. 39. No. 1 (Fall 2014). 54-55. Print.
- 22nd Annual Juried Art Show and Competition, Breckenridge Fine Arts Center. Catalog: 50. Print
- Biennial 2013: Origins in Geometry, Museum of Geometric and MADI Art. Catalog: 4. Print
- Engelstad, Janeil. Dallas-Fort Worth October 1 November 24, 2013, MAP 2013: The Pocket Guide. Print.
- Engelstad, Janeil. The Workbook, MAP 2013. 62-63. Print. makeartwithpurpose.net>
- Brockette, Ann H. Surface Design Association: Enduring Advocate of Textile Arts, Fiber Quarterly. Canada: Vol. 7, Issue 4, Winter 2011-2012.
- Kromer, Mary Ann. Area native brings work to TU, The Advertiser-Tribune.
- Tiffin U Art Exhibition Opening Today, The Advertiser Tribune.
Erdrich, Ronald W. Big Country Journal: Adelmans Artwork Keeps Adding Up, Reporter News, June 5, 2011. http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jun/05/adelmans-artwork-keeps-adding-up/
Perceptible Systems: New York Center for Arts and Media Studies. Art Lies Summer 2009, No. 62: 101. http://www.artlies.org/article.php?id=1776&issue=62&s=
- State Rep for Texas: Meet Amie Adelman. Surface Design Association Newsletter Spring 2008, Vol. 21, No.2: 5.
- Lewis, Linda. Traversing Fibers. Surface Design Journal Winter 2008, Vol. 32, No. 2:56 - 57.
Davis, R. Eric. Pushing the Envelope. Arts Houston Dec. 2007: 30.
- Tveide, Anne Katherine. Kunstforeningens Vårseminar: En helg viet tall, farger ogr musikk.Austagderblad 23 March, 2006: n.p.
- Myrberg, Tore.Kulture & Underholdning: Tall I kunst.Agverposte 18 March, 2006: 55.
- Harrison, Helen A. Paper in Every Guise Imaginable. The New York Times 4 Sept. 2005: L1.
- Walworth, Catherine. The Art Capades. San Antonio Current 20 Mar. 2005: n.p.
- Breeding, Lucinda. In Stitches. Denton Record-Chronicle: Denton Time 8 Dec. 2006: 11.
- Kutner, Janet. Paint Ball. Dallas Morning News 22 Feb. 2005: 12E.
- Perez, David. Painting Attack. Glass Tire 4 Feb. 2005. 2 Feb. 2005. http://www.glasstire.com/reviews/dallas/contemporary_paintingattack.htm
- Reese, Kelly. Amie Adelman, Assistant Professor of Fibers. In House 25 Oct. 2005. http://www.inhouse.unt.edu/index.cfm?commentID=185
- Simmons, Leah J. Polychrome. The Sunday Ardmoreite 31 Oct. 2004: 1B 2B. 2003
- Portfolio: Amie Adelman. American Craft. Feb./Mar 2003: 83.
- Smith, Conifer. In Review: Amie Adelman, Neilson Gallery, Kirkwood College." Surface Design, Winter 2003: 55.
- Abstraction 2002 at The Stage Gallery. Merrick life 14 Mar. 2002: 31.
- Owens, Marjorie. Exhibit Features Two NT Artists. North Texas Daily Online Edition 26 Apr. 2002. 12 Oct. 2002. http://www.ntdaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2002/04/26/3cc8e345d9834
Making Their Mark Exhibit at The Octagon Center for the Arts. The Tribune 14 July 2001: D5.
Thomas, Mary. "Fiberart International '99." Fiberarts Summer 2000, Vol. 27, No. 1:59.
- Four Artists Work on Exhibit at SCV. The News-Gazette 13 Jan. 1999: C4.
- Morrow, Terry. "The Real World-Arrowmont Style." The Knoxville News Sentinel 20 Dec. 98.
Publications: Exhibition Catalogs and Brochures
Craft Forms 2012, 17th International Juried Exhibition of Contemporary Craft (2 Dec.2, 2011 21 Jan. 2012) catalog: n.p.
9th International Watercolor Exhibition (June 2009), catalog: 4.
8th International Watercolor Exhibition (June 2008), catalog: 36.
- Art in Embassies Program. United States Embassy Kazakhstan (April 2005 2008), catalog: 1 and 6 - 8.
- Løken, Inger. Amie Adelman: Repetisjoner. Risør Kunstforening Utstillingsplan (1 Apr.2006), brochure: n.p.
- Løken, Inger. Amie Adelman: Tekstil. Risør Kunstforening (1 Apr. 30 Apr.2006), brochure: n.p.
- Zoller, Christine. Showcase: An Exhibition by Surface Design Association Representatives (5 June 29 June, 2006), brochure: n.p.
- Kriner, Lisa. Explorations in Fibers, Burea, KY, (3 Mar. 25 Apr.2006), poster and brochure: n.p.
- Kriner, Lisa. Amie Adelman. Explorations in Fibers, Burea, Kentucky, (3 Mar. 25 Apr.2006), catalogue: 7 8.
- Benedicto, Mary. Amie Adelman. Patternage, Dallas, Texas (10 June 5 Aug. 2006), catalog: 19.
- Davidow, Joan. 5th Wish Auction The Dallas Center for Contemporary Art, Dallas, TX (11 Mar.2006), catalog: 5.
- Fitz, Gregory. Material Inquiry 2005, St. Paul, Minnesota (1 Feb. 18 Mar.2005), catalog: n.p.
- Davidow, Joan. Painting Attack. Dallas Center for Contemporary Art, Dallas, Texas (14 Jan. 26 Feb.2005), brochure: 2.
- Davidow, Joan. 4th Wish Auction. The Dallas Center for Contemporary Art, Dallas, Texas (19 Mar.2005), catalog: 12.
- Block, Diana. Annual Faculty Exhibition. Denton, Texas (30 Nov. 16 Dec. 2005 and 17 - 8 Jan. 2006), catalog: 2.
Block, Diana. University of North Texas Schedule of Exhibitions. Fall 2004, brochure: n.p. Visual Art Society of Texas. Vast Art Adventure. Fall 2004, brochure: n.p.
North Texas Area Art League. 34th Annual Juried Fine Arts Awards Exhibition. (7 Apr. 16 May, 2002), catalog: n.p.
- Art St. Louis. Fiber Focus 2001. (4 June 10 Aug. 2001), catalog: n.p.
- Whitewater Spinners and Weavers Guild. The 25th Annual Fiber & Textile Exhibit. (16 July 3 Aug. 2001), brochure: n.p.
- Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts. Arrowmont Resident Artists: The First Ten Years. (25 May 8 Aug.2001), brochure: n.p.
- The Mansfield Art Center. The Ohio Craft Invitational Show 31. (18 Mar. 22 pr.2001). brochure.
- Iowa Designer Craft Association. Iowa Crafts 33. (12 Nov. 2000 7 Jan. 2001), catalog: 13.
- Greater Columbus Arts Council. 17th Annual Business Arts Partnership Awards Luncheon and Annual Meeting. (25 Apr. 2000), catalog: 28.
- "Exposure." Surface Design Journal. Spring 1999, Vol. 23, No. 3:4.
- Art St. Louis. Fiber Focus 99. (18 June 30 July, 1999), catalog: 1 & 6.
- Ohio Art League. 1999 Fall Juried Exhibition. (19 Oct. 12 Nov. 1999), brochure: n.p.